Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Option Switch

A while ago I already made the decision to pursue a psychology minor, but having not been able to take psychology this year I felt like I wasn't caught up. Right now I'm taking foods and it really isn't something I enjoy or feel passionate about. There were many times I wanted to quit something, but I don't like to think of myself as a quitter and when I do quit something it's after much thought. After deciding not to drop communication technology next year (which took one whole year to confirm my final choice), I've decided to drop foods 20 and 30 for psychology 20 and 30. It might seem unreasonable right now for someone who wants a nutrition major but hands on cooking is something I know for sure that I have no talent in. For now, in school, I just want to focus on desk work and psychology may teach me more than foods will; at least criteria I will remember and find fascinating. I decided this after thinking for a long time, probably over four months and I learned that if choices were easy, they wouldn't be choices. When one side is at 100%, there's nothing to choose from. For me right now, psychology and foods are both 50/50 and I need to choose one and turn that 50% into 100% and work hard to prove that it was the right choice. Now I'm finalizing that I want psychology over foods, and after registration in a few weeks there won't be any going back. I hope I can make this decision the right choice for me in the end. Either way; no spare for me next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment