Monday, February 28, 2011

Professional Foods

Since I decided to pursue nutrition, it only made sense that I take a foods course, right? I actually really needed something to fill my extra course slot, and really thought that Professional Foods would be something I could get through in highschool. I decided though, that next year rather than finishing Foods I'd take Psychology 20 and 30. After making this decision I never wanted to second guess; it's too late to change my mind anyway, but when I walked into Foods class today my teacher offered me a "job" to help out afterschool on Wednesday and Thursday for a staff interview thing (new teachers coming in) and cater for wrestling. I didn't accept because he added in the fact that I would get paid, I accepted because I want to take every opportunity I can to become more experienced in the real world. It doesn't matter how relevant it is, because it's still taking every opportunity I can to ultimately work my way towards my goal. i'm really thankful to my teacher for choosing me though I'm not sure why. I noticed during the hands on cooking I'd be the one who made most mistakes, get lost looking for something, feel frustrated for not understanding the recipe but at the end of the class I still feel accomplished for learning something, trying something new, and the mistakes I made I know I'd never make again. This should be relevant to health and nutrition, right? I think of this as my last opportunity in this field of work in high school because after grade 11, I'll be off to psychology to pursue my second interest. At least I'll know that I gave hands on cooking a try, because it's better than assuming that I can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment