Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dietary Internship

I've decided to apply for an internship in the health department that's only available to grade 11 students and will accept only 100 people. It sounded like an amazing opportunity to get familiar with the field of studies I want to go into in the future, and so I want to take every opportunity to enhance my understanding of it. I don't know how I'll feel if I don't get accepted, besides I have to hand in a resume, cover letter, and a whole lot of other things. I never applied for a job before and even an interview is going to scare me to death but I know I'll have to do this eventually, so i might as well at least try not. I'll never know what will happen if I never try so I'm opening up myself for opportunities such as this. I've been working on my resume for weeks now with my essay tutor helping me and guiding me, and I haven't even began my cover letter. All of this feels so overwhelming but I believe it will be worth it in the end. I also think that if I do get accepted, this would be a completely new and interesting experience for me. I want to know what it would be like to really work hands on in the health field. I know I'd make mistakes, but I will learn from them so that when I'm actually getting a job in university I won't make those amateur mistakes. I want to start now when there's less to lose, and this is one big step towards achieving my goal. I'm scared and nervous to the point where I don't even know what to do next but I hope this will all work out in the end somehow. It's better to feel lost now than in five years when I'm applying for a legit job. While working on my resume I discovered that there's still a lot more to figure out about myself. 2010 was a year where I depicted all my flaws and things I had to improve about myself but what about my good qualities? I guess this year will be when I discover them.

No comments:

Post a Comment